A Facebook page created for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine has been deleted after Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, requested the administrator remove it.
The Missing Dylan Redwine CMCF page has been deleted, and Elaine Redwine says she asked the administrator, Kimberly Kay Bowman, to delete it Wednesday night because she didn’t think the posts were appropriate.
“Posts were being posted that we didn’t feel was in the appropriate way to helping us find Dylan,” Elaine Redwine said. “There was speculation that I didn’t think was necessary.”
The Bayfield community has been relying on the Find Missing Dylan Redwine Facebook page created by Redwine family friend Denise Hess for information about the case and events held for Dylan.
Bowman was accused of collecting money for merchandise related to the Jessica Ridgeway search despite protests from the Ridgeway family, 9News reported.
The 10-year-old Westminster girl went missing Oct. 5, and her body was found five days later. A 17-year-old has been arrested for the murder of Ridgeway and is currently facing charges.
Attorneys sent a cease-and-desist letter to Bowman and the nonprofit she created, Colorado’s Missing Children Foundation.
Bowman could not be reached for comment.
The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office reported earlier this week that a scam artist identifying himself as ‘Abass Gadafi’ is demanding a ransom on Facebook with the money being sent to an address in the United Kingdom through Western Union.
A cash award for information leading to the recovery of Dylan through Crime Stoppers has increased from $6,000 to $11,000.
Authorities have no new information to release about Dylan’s disappearance, La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Spokesman Dan Bender said.