ERROR: Macro yahooRecommends is missing!

Hilltop House electrical fire

Durango Fire & Rescue Authority firefighters responded Tuesday afternoon to Hilltop House, 1050 Avenida del Sol, after a dryer caught fire. The fire filled the residence with smoke, causing staff members and residents to evacuate. Enlarge photo

JERRY McBRIDE/Durango Herald

Durango Fire & Rescue Authority firefighters responded Tuesday afternoon to Hilltop House, 1050 Avenida del Sol, after a dryer caught fire. The fire filled the residence with smoke, causing staff members and residents to evacuate.