Local and Regional News
National & World
PARIS – Parts of a global climate agreement being hammered out in Paris should be legally binding, President Barack Obama said Tuesday. His declaration was both a boost to...
- U.S. to send more ground troops to Iraq
- U.S. pledges aid to help island nations
- World Briefs
- Head of Chicago police out over shooting
- Transportation spending bill heads for vote
Millennials have been heralded as the uniquely diverse, highly educated, politically independent social-media marvels. But a new poll finds many of them would also just like a...
- Downtown Durango’s White Dragon Tea Room closing up shop
- Manufacturing in U.S. contracts at fastest pace since 2009
- Nonprofit funded by Coke to fight obesity disbanding
- Business Briefs
- U.S. construction spending rises to highest level in 9 years
The Pacific Ocean is warm. Very warm.
Last week, the U.S. Climate Prediction Center announced temperatures reached 5.6 Fahrenheit above normal in a key section of the...
- Earth Briefs
- Plan would limit drilling on most of Roan Plateau
- Earth Briefs
- Former Interior secretary Bruce Babbitt presses conservation values
- Babbitt says conservation starts with conversation at local level
While all eyes are on Paris and the UN climate summit, major progress is being made closer to home. Fort Lewis College announced this week that it has exceeded its 2015 goal of...
- Education Briefs
- Compromise guides ‘Every Student Succeeds’
- With marketing campaign, UNM wants to lure students
- Moms, dads learn to help with homework
- 32 American students earn selection as Rhodes scholars
Humans are not wired to handle money...
Durango School News
On many occasions, we have discussed...
What are Colorado’s laws on...