What do the sci-fi action thriller “The Matrix,” a suite of Salvador Dali’s paintings and Douglas Hofstadter’s Pulitzer-prize winning nonfiction book Godel, Escher, Bach have in common? Each, in its own way, was influenced by Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
But when the children’s book was first published, in 1865, the illustrator described it as...
- Residency applications are due June 6Artists living and working in Southwest Colorado are invited to apply for one-week artist residencies at Willowtail Springs. As part of the residency, artists are expected to propose and deliver a project that brings their experience at Willowtail back to the community. Applications are due June 6. For more information, qualifications and to apply, visit durangoarts.org/artistresidency.
Chamber Festival tickets availableThe...
Best-Selling Books Week Ended May 22nd:
1. Oh, the Places You’ll Go, by Dr. Seuss (Random House Children’s Books)
2. 15th Affair, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro (Little, Brown)
3. The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden...
For the week ending May 15
1. 15th Affair, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro (Little, Brown)
2. The Apartment, by Danielle Steel (Delacorte)
3. The Last Mile, by David Baldacci (Grand Central Publishing)
You may know Scott Graham as a former Durango city councilor, but did you know he’s also a National Outdoor Book award winner turned mystery writer?
Next week, Graham, who was raised in Durango, in collaboration with Bear Smart Durango, will be celebrating the...
Since “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” was published in 2007 and the second of the two-part movie adaptation of J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter novels was released in 2011, the author and her creation have been in a kind of limbo. Rowling...