Local and Regional News
National & World
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court’s ruling in an obscure Wyoming land dispute Monday could result in the loss of thousands of miles of bicycle trails or cost the...
- How can jet disappear? In the ocean, it’s not hard
- Elephants' ears aren't just for show
- Judge won’t dismiss general’s sex assault charges
- As Colorado allows pot sales, others reverse their course
- World Briefs
Offers from credit card companies to temporarily skirt interest charges can be enticing.
Reducing interest payments by transferring a balance from one card to another is...
- Frequent-flier programs changing course
- Knock it down, build it up
- Dalton Ranch sold to investment company
- Common winter hazard: Frozen pipes in home
- U.S. home prices rose at solid pace in January
What is the No. 1 threat to human residents of La Plata County?
Correct or not, residents can voice this opinion of bears and bear management – and...
- Earth Brief
- If you see one of these, do not feed it
- ‘Annoying’ collared doves decend on Colo.
- Some fish are deep – 4.3 miles below sea
- Uranium’s seductive power
Animas High School receives distinction
At the Colorado Charter Schools Conference on Feb. 20 and 21, Animas High School was recognized as a Distinction School based on...
- Building doghouses
- Tree lopper, tape measure: Another day at library
- English classes without books?
- College students, please study abroad
- Education Briefs
Mary Claire Abair Pierce
Mary Claire Abair Pierce died Friday, Feb. 28, 2014, at her home in Pagosa Springs. She was 86.
Mrs. Pierce was born to Mary Ann and...
- George Stockton Oldfield Jr.
- Jerry M. Albo Sr.
- Rebecca “Beckie” (Arellano) Albo
- Donna Rea Evans
- Colin Drew Sutton
It’s not hard to read Zach...
Along the Animas River Trail,...
Philip Seymour Hoffman, described in...