World Briefs

Ukrainian rebels launch new attacks

DONETSK, Ukraine – Pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine rejected a previously signed peace deal Friday and announced a new multi-pronged offensive against Ukrainian government troops.

The main separatist leader in the Donetsk region said the insurgents won’t join further peace talks, and another rebel went even further, saying they will not abide by a peace deal signed in September.

Separatist leader Alexander Zakharchenko said rebel fighters launched the new...


Go to complete World Briefs

More National & World