A random selection of letters to the editor are available online daily. To read more letters, log on to the E-Herald or pick up a copy of our print edition.
Letters to the Editor
Bayfield is a town that takes pride in its schools and the students. Home football games pack the stadiums, bringing people of all ages together to support one goal, Bayfield kids (and, of course, football).
All three of my children have gone through the Bayfield school system and I am thrilled with the support, education and caring they...
As a hunter of some 60 years in Colorado, I am very concerned that Scott Tipton has co-sponsored four pieces of legislation to transfer or sell off Colorado’s 25 million acres of national forest, national park and BLM lands.
Colorado receives some $34 billion from outdoor recreation each year and nearly $20 billion on the West...
I’m supporting Gwen Lachelt’s re-election for La Plata County commissioner, and I hope you will too. The county is on the right path forward in many crucial areas, in large part thanks to Gwen’s leadership.
She helped spearhead the response of communities downstream of the Gold King Mine spill and led the unwavering...
I read a recent article (Herald, Sept. 15) concerning Americans with Disabilities Act lawsuits with some dismay, remembering the multi-business lawsuits filed by the Florida man visiting Durango some months ago.
I have cancer in my skull that has rendered me extremely sensitive to sound, so I can no longer enjoy crowded restaurants...
I have been busily attending various public forums and researching for unbiased information on the internet in an effort to learn about the candidates running in the upcoming election. It is clear to me that in my lifetime this election is the most decisive ever.
How will we address climate change, healthcare or political and social...
- Grateful for latest road work done well
- There seems to be no end to gas project
- Southwest Horizons LPEA’s only solar tie
- Support Durango’s children: ‘Yes’ on 3A
- Airport ‘yes’ vote could improve service
- Unethical acts by commissioners can’t continue
- Read and take the Constitution to heart
- Allow terminally ill a way to end suffering
- Durango Fire, Powerhouse meet puppies
- Kudos to Metz and crew for trail safety
- Agree on economy, jobs, clean energy
- McLachlan targeting imaginary problems
- Tipton’s attack on Schwartz is nonsense
- Gifted and talented shows need for 3A
- New airport part of good public services
- Find a way to honor Martha Simpson
- Yes on 3A for best kindergarten program
- League to host series of election forums
- Presenting all sides lets people decide
- Let third-party candidates into debates
- McLachlan has most real-life experience
- Loss of the Arc of History is a shame
- Thirty years later, time to invest in airport
- Amendment 69: The devil with pitchforks
- Explore other options for airport funding
- Reading for local discounts a win-win
- Disagreement over demise of the Arc
- Politicians lacking math skills as well
- Learn more about fixing county’s roads
- Bears Ears will create many challenges
- Trash in DHS parking lot is discouraging
- I find Kaepernick’s disrespect disgusting
- Deleted comments were likely irrelevant
- Trump’s xenophobia seems contagious
- Territories first to lead women’s suffrage
- Welcher support disqualifies Rep. Brown
- $85 million airport a flight of fancy
- Respect, honor due all law enforcement
- Be bold and buck the two-party system
- Buddhist snowboarder for U.S. Senate
- Create a new route to get across town
- McKnight does not know right from wrong
- City should restore the Arc of History
- New airport represents the wrong priority
- County needs to account for road funds
- ColoradoCare answers readily available
- Questions for Rep. Tipton need response
- Amendment 69 crucial for Coloradans
- Yes, include elk in multi-modal master plan
- Is this how democracy comes to an end?