Local and Regional News
Durango football fans will no doubt park themselves in front of a TV with snacks, drinks and friends this Super Bowl Sunday. But a select few will be...
National & World
TOKYO – A magnitude-6.4 earthquake hit southern Taiwan at 3:57 a.m. on Saturday, with the epicenter located in the city of Kaohsiung, according to Taiwan’s Central...
- Pope’s sex abuse panel removes survivor
- Former drug executive draws lawmakers’ ire
- World Briefs
- Cologne steps up security for Carnival celebrations
- Police groups fight use-of-force proposals
When it comes to breeding cows, Oakfield Corners Dairy in upstate New York would rather not let nature take its course.
To ensure his prime milk-makers produce daughters,...
- Pesky software updates now for your car
- Chipotle says criminal investigation widens
- Consumer spending cools as Americans pad savings
- U.S. new-home sales soar in final month of 2015
- Residential designs unveiled for Calkins Building
DENVER – The mountain pine beetle epidemic that ravaged Colorado’s lodgepole pines for two decades is over because most of the vulnerable trees are dead, but a...
- San Juan National Forest targets spruce menace
- Study examining human-bear interactions in Durango enters final year
- 2015 was Earth’s hottest in recorded history
- Study may lead to protection for butterfly
Fort Lewis College announces graduates
In a ceremony on Dec, 19, 2015, more than 200 Fort Lewis College graduates and their families packed Whalen Gymnasium for Winter...
- Administration gives states ways to cut student testing
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Bayfield library embarks on project to inspire interest in science, math
- The debate over scope of sex education is raging on
According to medical examiner...
A Take on Tourism
If you missed last Wednesday’s...
I took a picture of a strange-looking...