Local and Regional News
National & World
PHILADELPHIA – His own legacy on the line, President Barack Obama implored Americans to elect Hillary Clinton to the White House, casting her as a candidate who believes in...
- Police fatalities are on the rise again
- Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Democrats highlight diversity, but face gap with white men
- Prosecutors drop all remaining charges in Freddie Gray case
- Trump urges Russia to meddle in election by hacking Clinton's emails
WASHINGTON – The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes crept up in June, a possible indication that the recent growth in real estate sales is still on...
- New Zealand trek inspires wool-based business
- U.S. new-home sales climbed in June to more than 8-year high
- Susie’s Gifts closes after 23 years
- Colorado offers counties development aid
- Patching the gender gap in kids’ clothes
A sporadic 12-day boating release from McPhee Dam into the Dolores River in June was hampered by uncertain runoff forecasts after a late-season snowfall, reservoir managers said...
- What science tells us about links between global warming, heat waves
- How to find the dinosaurs that hide inside modern birds
- Snow, sea ice keep hitting record lows this year in Northern Hemisphere
- Good Earth Briefs
- Climate change affects distribution of clouds across Earth
I have been a nerd my whole life. I was always “that kid,” the one who read in a corner at recess and talked about Jo March and Ponyboy as though they were real...
- Education Briefs
- Should it be impossible to fail a class?
- Since 1980, spending on prisons has grown 3 times faster than spending on public education
- At elite schools, history majors don’t have to study America’s past
- Teacher runs for office to fight Oklahoma education cuts
La Plata Health Watch
Dr. Benjamin Franklin mused that,...
I imagine all of us have “gone...
Every summer, San Juan Basin Health...