Local and Regional News
National & World
When Congress denied Andrew Jackson the White House even though he’d won more votes than any other candidate, he blamed it on “bare faced...
- Lawmakers seek railroad probe in wake of station crash
- Mission to big Antarctic glacier planned
- Bomb kills U.S. soldier during attack in Iraq
- Nation & World Briefs
- Trump refuses to say he will accept election results
WASHINGTON – More Americans bought homes in September, many for the first time, despite a persistent shortage of properties for sale.
The National Association of...
- U.S. home construction fell 9 percent in September
- Vegan restaurant opens on College Drive
- Anniversary Economic Summit Oct. 26
- Americans outworking Europeans, study finds
- Construction begins on delayed N.M. wind farm
PECOS, N.M. (AP) – Mark Quintana gestures into the shady thicket of pine trees. His sons are in there somewhere, he says, along with a few of his cousins. Theirs is a...
- Durango Nature Studies offers geology workshop
- Turtle Lake Refuge to celebrate organic parks
- Forest Service to burn slash piles east of Bayfield
- Researchers find abundant life in Hawaii’s twilight zone
- Goose poop creates messy problem for many cities in U.S.
WASHINGTON – The nation’s high school graduation rate has reached a record 83.2 percent, continuing a steady increase that shows improvement across all racial and...
- Durango High School winter sports registration deadline is Nov. 11
- Animas High School announces student conferences, board meeting
- Durango High School to present ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Fort Lewis Mesa hosts carnival and fall fundraiser
- Durango High School to hold parent-teacher conferences
In the past week, I have had the...
My family and I play board and card...
Is CDOT once again using us as a...