Local and Regional News
The Coal Gulch Fire, which broke out Saturday afternoon west of Durango in the Perins Peak State Wildlife Area, was listed as 75 percent contained...
National & World
LOS ANGELES – Flames raced down a steep hillside “like a freight train,” leaving smoldering remains of homes and forcing thousands to flee the wildfire...
- Hacked emails complicate Democratic National Convention
- Munich shooter was bullied loner, planned attack for a year
- In Dallas, burgeoning movement overshadowed by shooting
- Nation & World Briefs
- After attack, our oldest park ranger is back at work
Nearly a decade after Durango City Council enthusiastically approved preliminary plans for what has been called a model project, property in Twin Buttes will finally go on sale on...
- Still-low mortgage rates ushering new refi wave
- Stoner Ranch goes on market for $13.9 million
- U.S. homes sales improved in June, best pace since early 2007
- U.S. home construction posted solid gain in June
- Wine Merchant closing up shop
Dinosaurs still roam the Earth. You don’t even have to go to a distant swamp or an isolated jungle plateau to see them. They’re everywhere - waddling over Antarctic...
- Snow, sea ice keep hitting record lows this year in Northern Hemisphere
- Good Earth Briefs
- Climate change affects distribution of clouds across Earth
- Calling someone a birdbrain might actually be a compliment
- Good Earth Briefs
School districts across the country are adopting grading practices that make it more difficult for students to flunk classes, giving students opportunities to retake exams or turn...
- Since 1980, spending on prisons has grown 3 times faster than spending on public education
- At elite schools, history majors don’t have to study America’s past
- Teacher runs for office to fight Oklahoma education cuts
- Education Briefs
- Quiet Power: New book can help introverted students thrive at school
Every summer, San Juan Basin Health...
It’s summer, it’s hot and...
A Take on Tourism
The difference between a great vacation...