Local and Regional News
La Plata County voters are being asked to increase property taxes to pay for an expansion of Durango-La Plata County Airport.
National & World
WASHINGTON – Presidential candidate Donald Trump took a quick tour of Gettysburg National Military Park after delivering a speech near the historic Civil War site on...
- Iraq pushes into town near Mosul after ISIS assault on Kirkuk
- Debunking the election
- Bighorn sheep herd rebounding after disease in 1990s
- Iraqi leader resists U.S. push for Turkish role in Mosul fight
- Kaine already reaching out to GOP
WASHINGTON – Homebuilders pulled back on construction for a second straight month in September, with a plunge in apartments offsetting gains in single-family homes.
- Vegan restaurant opens on College Drive
- Anniversary Economic Summit Oct. 26
- Americans outworking Europeans, study finds
- Construction begins on delayed N.M. wind farm
- Anniversary Economic Summit set for Oct. 26
PECOS, N.M. (AP) – Mark Quintana gestures into the shady thicket of pine trees. His sons are in there somewhere, he says, along with a few of his cousins. Theirs is a...
- Durango Nature Studies offers geology workshop
- Turtle Lake Refuge to celebrate organic parks
- Forest Service to burn slash piles east of Bayfield
- Researchers find abundant life in Hawaii’s twilight zone
- Goose poop creates messy problem for many cities in U.S.
WASHINGTON – The nation’s high school graduation rate has reached a record 83.2 percent, continuing a steady increase that shows improvement across all racial and...
- Durango High School winter sports registration deadline is Nov. 11
- Animas High School announces student conferences, board meeting
- Durango High School to present ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- Fort Lewis Mesa hosts carnival and fall fundraiser
- Durango High School to hold parent-teacher conferences
In the past week, I have had the...
My family and I play board and card...
Is CDOT once again using us as a...