Local and Regional News
Durango and La Plata County are in a winter storm watch for a cold front moving through Southwest and Central Colorado that may bring 2 to 4 inches...
National & World
DETROIT – A judge ruled Tuesday that Detroit is eligible to shed billions of dollars of its long-running debt, including the pensions of thousands of workers and retirees,...
- Palestinians say Iran deal sets peace precedent
- Texas executes man for corrections officer’s death
- North Korea’s treatment of American veteran called ‘bizarre’
- Judge says he broke ethics code
- Obama’s uncle to stay in U.S.
NEW YORK – Amazon is working on a way to get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less – via self-guided drone.
Consider it the modern version of a pizza...
- Is technology causing worker burnout?
- Local gas drilling laws get key airing in Ohio
- Business Briefs
- Gas prices may boost retail sales
- Business Briefs
WASHINGTON – The United States is spewing 50 percent more methane – a potent heat-trapping gas – than the federal government estimates, a new comprehensive...
- Agency nixes fracking comment
- Ethanol’s rise can mean loss of hunting lands
- New York City may ban foam food containers
- A move to leave those leaves
- Unusual ice circle forms in North Dakota river
Stereotypes have long been vital to the sociology of high school.
In John Hughes’ seminal 1985 film, “The Breakfast Club,” five unfortunate,...
- Schools toss plastic plates
- With ad campaign, girls school knocks fairy-tale life
- Education Briefs
- Coloradan earns Rhodes scholarship
- U.S. fares unevenly against world
Former Durango and Redmesa resident Russel Gene Lee died Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, in Cedar City, Utah. He was 65. The cause of death was not disclosed.
- Braulio Montoya
- Rosalie Alene McConnel
- George Edward Hayo
- Shaylynn Renee ‘ShayShay’ Moen
- Kenneth G. Hansen Jr.
La Plata Electric Association is taking...
One of President Harry Truman’s...
I was shopping for Thanksgiving last...