Local and Regional News
The Durango-La Plata County Airport in July and August registered back-to-back record passenger traffic.
In July, 19,863 passengers departed...
National & World
WASHINGTON – American ground troops may be needed to battle Islamic State forces in the Middle East if President Barack Obama’s current strategy fails, the...
- U.S. steps up Ebola fight
- Panama – a feel good place
- Mexico to airlift tourists after Hurricane Odile
- World Briefs
- Nation Briefs
The Durango Herald’s building at 1275 Main Ave. is undergoing its most extensive renovation since 1979.
The downstairs, once home to the printing press, is being...
- Tired of investing your money on Wall Street? Try local food
- Small truck demand on the rise
- Regional airlines not doing so hot
- What happens online after you’re 6 feet under?
- Business Briefs
A Colorado Parks and Wildlife team led by aquatic biologist Jim White is making its biennial survey this week of trout in the Animas River.
“The goal is to assess...
- How will warming affect birds?
- Earth Briefs
- Solar gardens grow power
- Winter ticks sucking life from Colorado moose
- Climate change threatens desert fish
WASHINGTON – Rosemary Anderson could be 81 by the time she pays off her student loans. After struggling with divorce, health problems and an underwater home mortgage, the...
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Straight from a scientist
- Eco-friendly preschools let nature lead way
- College savings accounts grow
Former Durango resident Helen Barbara Kroeger died Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014, in Ogden, Utah. She was 89.
Known as Barbara, she was born to Lloyd and Mary Mason on Feb. 16,...
- Donald Richard Schlotfelt
- Lela Joanne Boyer
- Diana Kay Cambridge Baker
- Virginia Rose Gorraz Cinco
- Herbert Alfred Sutcliffe
Sadly, a recent Money magazine survey...
Does it get any cuter than...
La Plata Health Watch
As every year, with the start of...