Local and Regional News
National & World
PRENTISS TOWNSHIP, Maine – The members of the Passamaquoddy tribe have looked under their feet for a bottled water plant and have turned to the sky for a wind farm. But...
- Ex-convict gets wish to return to prison
- Company unveils modern-day horseless carriage
- T. rex finds new home in D.C.
- Mayor’s menu filled up: 1 day, 24 restaurants
- World Briefs
Vacation home sales rose sharply in 2013 across the nation as wealthy individuals again put money into real estate in the form of second homes, the National Association of...
- Inventory impacting local housing market
- U.S. homebuilding up in March after frigid winter
- U.S. homebuilder confidence edges up in April, but still low
- White walls? The trick is choosing the right white
- Victorian garden style lives on
In the mountain climate between Bayfield and Pagosa Springs, farmer Matt Brewer plans to harvest 400 to 600 of pounds of leafy greens each week from just one of his aquaponic...
- Is the air you breathe good, bad?
- Activists are dying for our environment
- Earth Briefs
- What’s your environmental cause?
- Warming Southwest spells trouble
Grace Prep congratulates student Trevor Jordan
Grace Preparatory Academy congratulates student, Trevor Jordan on his success at the state science fair.
- Culture comes to school
- Hot off these college presses, it’s your local news
- Education Briefs
- Education Briefs
- Costs steer students away from top choice
Durango resident John Earl Bredfeld died Thursday, April 10, 2014, at his home. He was 81.
Known as “Toughy,” he was born to John Morris and Elizabeth V.
- Ronald Gerhard Wiebel
- Harry Eugene Carleno
- (No heading)
- Dennis Richardson Liles
- Vincent Cornelius Haffey
Since 1949, May has been observed as...
Have you ever seen a monster? I have. A...
The economic recovery is underway. In...