Local and Regional News
DENVER – Two anti-fracking measures did not make the November ballot because proponents failed to gather the necessary valid...
National & World
WASHINGTON – The Agriculture Department said Tuesday it had closed offices in five states after receiving anonymous threats that it considered serious.
- Democratic senators blast steep price hike for EpiPens
- Rules keep pilots flying straight
- Suicidal Germanwings pilot had struggled in U.S. flight school
- Clashes subside in Syria between Turkish, Kurdish forces
- Nation & World Briefs
The owner of Miami Blues stopped in Durango in January on his way to California, when he decided that he wanted to live here.
Gil Knafo had intended to scope out new...
- U.S. home prices rise in June at slowest pace in 10 months
- Business Briefs
- Foot Locker trying out new steps
- Boutique Air starts Cortez flights in October
- As sea levels rise, nearly 1.9 million US homes could be underwater by 2100
LOS BANOS, Calif. – A drone whirred to life in a cloud of dust, then shot hundreds of feet skyward for a bird’s-eye view of a vast tomato field in...
- Obama creates world’s largest marine protected area off coast of Hawaii
- Mice quarantine themselves when sick – a lesson for us all
- Good Earth Briefs
- Closures on Yellowstone River could last for months
- California island foxes removed from endangered species list
Most children love digging in the dirt, and educators are taking advantage of that by including a gardening component to their curriculum in increasing numbers.
- Education Briefs
- In some U.S. schools, resistance to ending corporal punishment
- College students more likely to be heavy drinkers than young adults not enrolled
- School supplies: There’s a reason for every item on the list
- Nation’s teacher force lacks diversity
The Wall Street Journal says...
A Take on Tourism
It happened last week, the weather...
Traveling up County Road 211 toward...