Local and Regional News
BLUFF, Utah – The state last week auctioned off 391 acres at Comb Ridge to the little-known Lyman Family Farm for $500,000, according to
National & World
WASHINGTON – Senior staff members on Hillary Clinton’s nascent campaign were conscious about diversity in the top ranks two months before the Democratic presidential...
- One-fourth of U.S. cancer deaths linked to smoking
- An accidental shooting kills a child every other day
- France closing makeshift camp
- Don’t believe the polls, Trump says ‘we are winning’
- Local Briefs
Third-quarter real estate transactions show nearly across-the-board median price increases coupled with a slight decrease or stagnancy in sales so far this...
- U.S. home sales rebounded in September despite tight supply
- A surprisingly high number of first-timers now buying homes
- New York law cracks down on illegal Airbnb rentals
- U.S. home construction fell 9 percent in September
- Vegan restaurant opens on College Drive
PECOS, N.M. (AP) – Mark Quintana gestures into the shady thicket of pine trees. His sons are in there somewhere, he says, along with a few of his cousins. Theirs is a...
- Durango Nature Studies offers geology workshop
- Turtle Lake Refuge to celebrate organic parks
- Forest Service to burn slash piles east of Bayfield
- Researchers find abundant life in Hawaii’s twilight zone
- Goose poop creates messy problem for many cities in U.S.
The Durango Adult Education Center announces that Stephanie Moran, coordinator of the High School Equivalency Program, was awarded the 2016...
- Music in the Mountains offers student scholarships
- VFW scholarship deadline is Nov. 1
- Durango High School winter sports meeting is Nov. 7
- Miller Middle School students invited to Halloween Dance
- Big Picture High School senior to host fundraiser Friday
A few days back I decided to read The...
In the past week, I have had the...
My family and I play board and card...