Local and Regional News
National & World
JOHANNESBURG – Nelson Mandela was a master of forgiveness.
South Africa’s first black president spent nearly a third of his life as a prisoner of...
- Violence erupts in Africa nation
- Budget deal? Big obstacles, New Year’s deadline
- Mandela daughters ask that film’s premiere go on
- Mandela, anti-apartheid icon, mourned world over
- Negotiators see hope for farm bill renewal
NEW YORK – Amazon is working on a way to get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less – via self-guided drone.
Consider it the modern version of a pizza...
- Is technology causing worker burnout?
- Local gas drilling laws get key airing in Ohio
- Business Briefs
- Gas prices may boost retail sales
- Business Briefs
Decades ago, ripe cones were plucked from the tops of conifer trees in the San Juan National Forest and sent to Nebraska for storage in a U.S. Forest Service...
- Fossils tell story of bygone ecosystem
- Cutting trees to rid N.J. forest of beetles
- North Dakota launching website to notify public of spills
- Bulletproof plants for novice gardeners
- Earth Briefs
Stereotypes have long been vital to the sociology of high school.
In John Hughes’ seminal 1985 film, “The Breakfast Club,” five unfortunate,...
- Schools toss plastic plates
- With ad campaign, girls school knocks fairy-tale life
- Education Briefs
- Coloradan earns Rhodes scholarship
- U.S. fares unevenly against world
Durango resident Beverly R. Herath died of pancreatic cancer Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at her home. She was 82.
Mrs. Herath was born to Ray and Hazel Carzoo on Jan. 3,...
- Norman James Burt
- Thella Beth Howell-BigLeggins
- Braulio Montoya
- Russel Gene Lee
- Rosalie Alene McConnel
La Plata Electric Association is taking...
One of President Harry Truman’s...
I was shopping for Thanksgiving last...