Local and Regional News
It’s official: There will be a whitewater release on the lower Dolores River below McPhee Dam, the first since 2011.
National & World
AUSTIN, Texas – Texas and 10 other states are suing the Obama administration over its directive to U.S. public schools to let transgender students use the bathrooms and...
- Clinton’s email setup criticized in report
- House GOP faces first vote on Puerto Rico bill
- Afghan Taliban pick cleric to head group
- World Briefs
- Japan’s leader won’t visit Pearl Harbor
Fifth-grade students from Durango School District 9-R put their financial knowledge to work in a mock town at Fort Lewis College in May.
With $200 in business loans to...
- Ranching challenges emerge after 2012 drought
- Colorado coal industry collapse leaving mining towns unsure
- U.S. new-home sales jump to highest level in more than 8 years
- Tips for home buying preparation this spring
- Across the world, luxury-home sales get a reality check
Efforts to prevent forest fires and invasive mussels are among the list of projects that may receive funding from the U.S. Forest Service this year.
On Tuesday, the San...
- Living near nature may help you live longer
- Earth Briefs
- Grizzly Peak wilderness preserved as research haven
- Forest Service offers free ponderosa seedlings
- Industrial hemp gains traction in Colorado
As the countdown reaches the final week to summer vacation, kids can only think of one thing: freedom. But too much freedom may mean a loss of learning over the...
- Education Briefs
- In class, laptops harm smartest students
- Segregation is getting worse in America’s public schools
- Education Briefs
- Animas High School to feature student projects Thursday
La Plata Health Watch
You can probably remember your last...
A Take on Tourism
As tourism is the world’s...
Dreams set the course for our lives.