Local and Regional News
The low temperature for Thanksgiving Day in 1973 was 0 degrees.
But don’t worry, this holiday week is looking pretty...
National & World
As Americans experience the start of winter – in some cases, an extreme winter – it’s time to get out the sidewalk salt and clean the furnace. And, usually,...
- Health exchanges to face financial test
- Anxieties mount as Ferguson waits
- Nation & World Briefs
- U.S. proposes extending Iran talks
- Haitian bull fighting fits rural culture
WASHINGTON – U.S. home prices crashed 43 percent between 2005 and 2012, yet polls find that the vast majority of Americans still consider homeownership to be a good idea...
- How much will that doggie cost me?
- Solar living
- Three Springs: A modern Durango neighborhood
- Group presents ‘worst toys’ list
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests
More than 50 pounds of hops was recently harvested from the grounds at Old Fort Lewis near Hesperus. A portion of those fragrant cones will soon be poured at Carver Brewing...
- Shadow over solar project
- Snow, cold don’t refute global warming
- Earth Briefs
- Mimicking nature inside Grand Canyon
- Robot snuggles with shy penguins
St. Columba School recognizes students
St. Columba School congratulates these November Super Star Students, who went above and beyond classroom expectations: Rocco Enea,...
- Crime abets biology
- Data literacy starts early
- So long, snow days: At home, virtual class is in
- Education Briefs
- Research at Utah school faked, university says
Victor H. Lynn, the father of Durango resident Alan Lynn, died Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014, in Tucson, Arizona. He was just shy of his 89th birthday.
Mr. Lynn was born to...
CHYAMTANG, Nepal – I don’t...
First, the Durango Mall didn’t...
La Plata Health Watch
One joke told many times in the...