It’s fair to say that the Obama era has not been great for the politically minded comedians at “Saturday Night Live.” Once considered among the strongest parts of the show, the writers either...
Alexandra Benton, 22, has graduated from college with a degree in biology. Instead of going out into the world and getting a so-called real job, as her parents...
- FLC welcomes another season of MET operas
- See it: ‘Rent’ measures love, time and trouble
- Ambition and emotion run high in ‘Rent’
- The highbrow road trip
- ’The Book of Mormon’ satirical musical finally in Utah
It sounds like a beeping and booping, retro flash-forward operation from a 1970s sci-fi flick. But Ben Barry’s Facebook Analog Research Laboratory, an...
- Oh, the kitsch these days!
- Trash and treasure: The art of the dumpster
- ‘A canvas never goes into shock’ and other observations by a tattooer moonlighting as an artist
- When legend becomes fact, paint the legend
- The art of the hustle
Pagosa Springs has a few. Tiny Salida has a massive one. And you can’t walk a block in Telluride without finding yourself in one. But Durango? When it...
- Stephen and Damian Marley: The sound of reggae’s 2nd generation
- Miley’s bare breast: it’s not like Janet
- Billboard poll asks executives whether they believe allegations against Kesha or Dr. Luke
- No matter what comes next, One Direction has cemented a place in music history
- Women push for equality, and quality, in country music
Opening the pages of “Burn Girl” will bring Durango readers home, literally. This young adult novel by Durango’s Mandy Mikulencak is set...
- How a rebellious frat boy became Dr. Seuss
- Harper Lee’s attorney recalls finding ‘Watchman’ manuscript
Film & TV
When we talk about “the war on drugs,” there’s an implication that two clearly established armies are engaged in battle and eventually one...
- Review: The Martian
- Movies playing in Durango Oct. 2-8
- Movies playing in Durango Sept. 18-24
- Johnny Depp returns to form in the tepid crime drama 'Black Mass'
- 'Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials' doesn't slow down