Take a weekend and drive east. You’ll see some of Colorado’s natural wonders and some of the most professional stage performances to be found in the Southwest. On the way...
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – The biting satirical musical that mocks Mormons has finally come to the heart of Mormonlandia, starting a sold-out, two-week run...
- New season for ‘Prairie Home’ has big dose of Thile
- From concept to curtain at the Strater
- Former DHS thespians perform Shakespeare in open air
- Never too late to fall in love with Patsy Cline
- Steve and Edie (Martin and Brickell) collaborate on Broadway-bound musical
Call it cutting out the middleman. Call it direct-to-consumer selling, or real-world crowdsourcing. Whatever you call it, about 20 years ago, artist Paul...
- Open Shutter brings distinct, surprising outlooks with two new photography shows
- DAC showcases regional photography talent
- Skin in the game: Artist Shay Lopez displays his versatility in new show ‘Skinscapes’
- Show reveals Frida Kahlo as an artist, gardener
- Cuban-born painter celebrates 100th birthday
WASHINGTON — A friend request from Taylor Swift isn’t some blip in your Facebook feed. It starts with leggy strides across a big stage, and it...
- Isbell nails follow-up to career-making disc
- The best albums of 2015 (so far)
- Buy this fracking album: Local featured on compilation to raise environmental awareness
- Answers with Thom Chacon: ‘...the head frat guy was like, ‘Get ’em outta here.’’
- Figueroa and Faust: Music in the Mountains opens with a fairy tale
For all the stories Dr. Seuss has told you, have you ever heard his own? How a boy from Springfield, Massachusetts, become the man whose work is the gold...
- Harper Lee’s attorney recalls finding ‘Watchman’ manuscript
- New Sarah Palin book coming in November
- Unique characters, setting create entertaining new novel
- Herald contributor Gulliford wins Colorado Book Award
- Judd Apatow reflects on a life in comedy in new book
Film & TV
Amy Schumer has become the latest entertainer to be burdened with the hopes and dreams of progressive pop culture fans. The reaction to...
- In pop culture, knowing when to pull the plug on a show or franchise
- Review: Southpaw
- Review: Pixels
- Review: Infinitely Polar Bear
- Movies playing in Durango July 24-30
Kids sometimes have to admit that their parents have good taste in music.
It's like asking which child is a mother's favorite, or whether a 1959 bottle...