1. Alban Berg’s opera “Lulu” tells a bleak tale of an alluring waif turned seductress whose life spirals downward to a tragic ending.
- Raucous, racy and right on
- ‘The Bicycle Men’ is back for another spin
- Finding a voice in ‘Spring Awakening’
- Keira Knightley: Motherhood puts everything in perspective
- ‘Tannhäuser’ is an accessible, Grimm-inspired opera
Walking into the Barbara Conrad Gallery at the Durango Arts Center for the Winter Solstice Artisans’ Market, it is not the classy jazz, or the decorated...
- ‘Without leading the way, she became the way’
- Navajo artist Cohoe featured at Denver show
- A museum director who believes in more than the gallery walls
- Slavery as unavoidable subject matter
- Repurposed children’s toys explore the dark sides of childhood
Before the music began Saturday night, guest conductor Thomas Heuser thanked sponsors and musicians. He made a few remarks about each work on the program. Then...
- Second candidate to lead symphony
- Andy White, played drums on Beatles’ first hit, dead at 85
- Folsom releases ‘Big Buffet’
- Lawn Chair Kings: ‘Sometimes ... sustained feedback might occur’
- A percussive Pennington evening
To say that David Sedaris is great because he’s so funny is to say that what makes Ben and Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Cookie so good is because...
- 1920s drama inspires author
- Tom Petty was a heroin addict in the '90s. Here's why he's finally talking about it
- Mikulencak’s ‘Burn Girl’ is worthy for any age
Film & TV
With its sepia tones and stirring themes, “Suffragette” arrives in theaters with the full weight of history and topical resonance behind...
- Review: Creed
- Review: The Good Dinosaur
- Review: Victor Frankenstein
- Review: Spotlight
- Movies playing in Durango Nov. 27-Dec. 3