If traditional bluegrass fans want a fresh take on the familiar, they’ll pick up Liver Down the River’s latest EP.
Comprised of six Fort Lewis College students, the band is making a big leap into...
Not long ago, Rod Barker had two things going – one, an idea for a play and two, a theater as much his as anyone’s in which to stage said play.
- Former DHS thespians perform Shakespeare in open air
- Never too late to fall in love with Patsy Cline
- Steve and Edie (Martin and Brickell) collaborate on Broadway-bound musical
- Pagosa illuminates Picasso
- Troupe conjuring a modern Pygmalion
Like last summer’s inaugural photography show at Durango Arts Center, “Exhibit REPRISE” may take everyone by surprise –...
- Skin in the game: Artist Shay Lopez displays his versatility in new show ‘Skinscapes’
- Show reveals Frida Kahlo as an artist, gardener
- Cuban-born painter celebrates 100th birthday
- Art collectors rush to Cuba
- ‘Ladies’ night’ at Lost Dog
Real quick, before school’s out forever, raise your hand if you still care about the song of the summer.
Everyone should. The annual debate...
- Indie rapper takes it one day at a time
- Grieves returns to Colorado
- Warming up in Venice
- Deadheads threaten to sue as promoter tries to fit more fans into farewell concerts
- Stones rock small club ahead of tour
The writing team of Win and Meredith Blevins has created a new novel, The Darkness Rolling, featuring a unique hero, Yazzie Goldman. This is to be the first in...
- Herald contributor Gulliford wins Colorado Book Award
- Judd Apatow reflects on a life in comedy in new book
- 50 shades of theft: Copy of upcoming ‘Fifty Shades’ novel stolen
- George RR Martin overseeing ‘Game of Thrones’ coloring book
- New ‘Fifty Shades’ novel coming June 18
Film & TV
“I’ll See You in My Dreams” starts with a gut punch. Carol Peterson, a Los Angeles widow and retired schoolteacher who spends most of her...
- Review: Ted 2
- Review: Max
- Movies playing in Durango June 26-July 2
- Review: Dope
- Review: Love & Mercy
Durango’s historic steam train continues to find ways to entice riders...
Malcolm Mackay and his Glasgow Trilogy have made a chump of me and must be an...