Local and Regional News
DENVER – Republican U.S. Senate candidate Darryl Glenn says he was telling the truth when he said he was not arrested in connection with a...
National & World
WASHINGTON – Growth in the U.S. economy was sluggish again in the spring, dashing expectations for a robust rebound after a tough winter. Stronger consumer spending was...
- Governor: 4 Zika cases likely came from Florida mosquitoes
- Clinton promises steady hand in dangerous world
- U.S. to speed energy permits amid sharp drop in apps
- North Korea: U.S. has crossed red line, relations on war footing
- Trump: Comments about Russia, Clinton emails were sarcastic
WASHINGTON – The proportion of U.S. households that own homes has matched its lowest level in 51 years – evidence that rising property prices, high rents and...
- Pending U.S. home sales improved slightly in June
- New Zealand trek inspires wool-based business
- U.S. new-home sales climbed in June to more than 8-year high
- Susie’s Gifts closes after 23 years
- Colorado offers counties development aid
CAMP NELSON, Calif. – At the foot of a giant sequoia in California’s Sierra Nevada, two arborists stepped into harnesses then inched up ropes more than 20 stories...
- Unusual winter hampered Dolores River boating release
- Good Earth Briefs
- What science tells us about links between global warming, heat waves
- How to find the dinosaurs that hide inside modern birds
- Snow, sea ice keep hitting record lows this year in Northern Hemisphere
WASHINGTON – The cost of living in any big city – let alone Washington, D.C. – has jumped so high that many teachers and other local government workers can no...
- Five survival tips for visiting prospective colleges
- Does reading fiction make you a better person?
- Education Briefs
- Should it be impossible to fail a class?
- Since 1980, spending on prisons has grown 3 times faster than spending on public education
La Plata Health Watch
Dr. Benjamin Franklin mused that,...
I imagine all of us have “gone...
Every summer, San Juan Basin Health...