Local and Regional News
CORTEZ – Nearly 330 well-prepped canines are competing this weekend for Best of Show at the Durango Kennel Club’s annual three-day...
National & World
Up to 60 people injured after car drives into parade
DAMASCUS, Va. – About 50 to 60 people were injured Saturday when a driver described by...
- Police call fatal NYC shooting a hate crime
- Feds search apartment in ricin case
- Broken rail eyed in Conn. train crash
- Why Benghazi keeps coming back
- World Briefs
NEW YORK – Baby boomers preparing for retirement are driving a surge in small-business sales, as they find more buyers confident enough in the improving economy to expand...
- Oil flow shifting direction
- Experts: Ariz. jobs, home prices slowly rebounding
- Huge drug-cost disparities seen in health-care overhaul
- Business Briefs
- How to avoid redundant expenses
The kindest response people can show toward fawns, bear cubs and baby birds could be categorized as benign neglect, says a Colorado Parks and Wildlife spokesman.
- Great Lakes’ health still not so great
- At last, a solution to protein shortage
- Earth Briefs
- Birders flock to S.W. Colo. festival
- Mesa Verde greening up
Durango receives recognition in report
Durango was featured in a report highlighting promising city efforts to improve the lives of children, youths and families in...
- A hunter’s golden bird of prey
- Education Briefs
- Gap year worth wait
- Education Brief
- Mississippi reforms schools
Former Durango resident Irene May Hutchinson died Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, in Del Norte. She was 98.
Known as “Rene,” she was born to John and Maude Duncan on...
- Ruth LePlatt
- Robert Bandy
- Priscilla Verlinda (Trujillo) Padilla
- Marilyn Casey
- Charles Henry Pennington
La Plata Health Watch
I paid a visit to my old friend, The...
By Liza Fischer
Have you ever worked to solve a puzzle...