Days after being left off the USA Cycling women’s road team for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Durango’s Carmen Small was still fighting back tears.
Byung Ho Park is trying to learn not one, but two new languages in his first MLB season.
The first baseman and designated hitter from Seoul, South...
- Wimbledon at a glance
- Defense Department says Air Force Academy lax in reporting
- Toronto hockey saved by an American?
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison in PEDs probe
- Another blow dealt to Rio Olympics
OMAHA, Neb. – Light-hitting David Parrett had three RBIs in his first College World Series start and Coastal Carolina converted three Texas Tech errors into six unearned...
- Texas Tech throws out Florida in College World Series
- Gauchos pull off upset with 5-3 win over Miami in College World Series
- Fort Lewis College women’s lacrosse announces signing class
- Fort Lewis College announces men’s basketball recruiting class
- Fort Lewis cycling second in team omnium at USA Cycling Collegiate Road Nationals, Sofia Gomez Villafañe 4th individually
High School Sports
When it comes to the modern pentathlon, Durango’s Seamus Millett has been the gold standard in his age group in recent years.
Millett went back to the U.S. Olympic...
- Durango High School’s David Moenning runs personal best at nationals
- Legendary coach helps out Durango High wrestling camp
- Bayfield baseball’s McCoy named to CHSAA All-State First Team
- Durango’s Mayberry honored by CHSAA All-State baseball selection
- Ward’s hard work on baseball diamond recognized by CHSAA
The Durango DEVO program has turned out a number of local legends, and with a slogan like “Taking it to the next level”, more...
- Cortez gets youth cycling program
- Durango’s Anthony Flint strikes silver at Elks National Hoop Shoot Final in Chicago
- Durango’s Anthony Flint in Elks Hoop Shoot National Finals in Chicago
- Western State makes meaningful donation to Escalante Middle School track and field
- Purgatory Freestyle Ski wins state and national titles
The Appalachian and Pacific Crest trails each have annual “trail days” events, so Margaret Hedderman thought it was only natural the Colorado Trail should have one,...
- Thundering waters of Cascade Creek’s falls
- Snowboarders aren’t giving up fight against Alta’s ban
- Outdoors Briefs
- Outdoors briefs
- Durango area fishing report
Congratulations to the 2016 Navajo Trail...
On the Run
Sporting a new name and an exciting new course,...