A fancy show dog is groomed atop its cage, which has a child inside. Clothespins cling to a line as children bounce on a trampoline in the background. A massive, pinkish-orange sky dwarfs Sleeping Ute. Two photography...
Not long ago, Rod Barker had two things going – one, an idea for a play and two, a theater as much his as anyone’s in which to stage said play.
- Former DHS thespians perform Shakespeare in open air
- Never too late to fall in love with Patsy Cline
- Steve and Edie (Martin and Brickell) collaborate on Broadway-bound musical
- Pagosa illuminates Picasso
- Troupe conjuring a modern Pygmalion
Like last summer’s inaugural photography show at Durango Arts Center, “Exhibit REPRISE” may take everyone by surprise –...
- Skin in the game: Artist Shay Lopez displays his versatility in new show ‘Skinscapes’
- Show reveals Frida Kahlo as an artist, gardener
- Cuban-born painter celebrates 100th birthday
- Art collectors rush to Cuba
- ‘Ladies’ night’ at Lost Dog
If traditional bluegrass fans want a fresh take on the familiar, they’ll pick up Liver Down the River’s latest EP.
Comprised of six...
- 'Call Me Maybe.' 'Fancy.' What next? Why the song of the summer still matters
- Indie rapper takes it one day at a time
- Grieves returns to Colorado
- Warming up in Venice
- Deadheads threaten to sue as promoter tries to fit more fans into farewell concerts
The writing team of Win and Meredith Blevins has created a new novel, The Darkness Rolling, featuring a unique hero, Yazzie Goldman. This is to be the first in...
- Herald contributor Gulliford wins Colorado Book Award
- Judd Apatow reflects on a life in comedy in new book
- 50 shades of theft: Copy of upcoming ‘Fifty Shades’ novel stolen
- George RR Martin overseeing ‘Game of Thrones’ coloring book
- Hillerman stands alone in spotlight of new novel
Film & TV
“Magic Mike,” Steven Soderbergh’s modest, playfully liberated comedy about male strippers that took multiplexes by storm three years ago,...
- Review: Terminator Genisys
- Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Movies playing in Durango July 3-9
- Review: I’ll See You in My Dreams
- Review: Ted 2