Starting a music festival is not easy. Just ask C.J. Alderton, who against all odds will lead the way for what promises to be a successful second annual Durango Celtic Festival this weekend.
How do you recreate “The Sound of Music” so it feels new again?
That’s the big question facing every company staging the 1959...
- In this Russian historic opera, timing is everything
- Manipulating marionettes
- Hugh Jackman will host the Tony Awards again
- ‘Book of Mormon’ breaks record
- Getting to know you
- Where’s the bottom?
- You don’t know what you got ’til it’s gone
- Fla. artist smashes $1M vase in Miami museum
NEW YORK – Who hasn’t Pharrell produced for?
The hitmaker’s Rolodex includes pop heavyweights from Beyoncé to Justin...
- Hits just keep on coming at FLC
- Spotify’s Top 10 most viral tracks
- Jamaican reggae star to plant roots at Durango theater
- Grandeur, old & new
- ‘Power duo’ El Ten Eleven is not
IndieBound.org compiles a weekly list of best-selling books from independently owned bookstores.
1. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt...
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 25
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 18
- ‘Cold Storage’ is not too far from Durango
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 11
- U.S. Best-selling books for Feb. 4
Film & TV
New in Theaters
300: Rise of an Empire (In standard format and digital 3-D with surcharge; playing at the Durango Stadium 9)
If you loved the...
- A fine cast may regret ‘The Past’
- And the (other) winners are ...
- Blacklisted New Mexico film gets atonement
- DeGeneres’ selfie crashes Twitter
- ’12 Years a Slave’ wins best picture at Oscars
The American art form that is jazz music remains as addictive to its fans and...
A crime novel from Poland, go figure.
Zygmunt Miloszewski is a...