Durangoan Howard Grotts showed he’s just as comfortable riding in the Italian Dolomites as the San Juan Mountains.
The 22-year-old Specialized rider finished 14th at the UCI Mountain...
SAN FRANCISCO – Andrew Susac usually takes a back seat to Buster Posey. For at least one day, they shared the spotlight.
Posey drove in two runs, and Susac had a...
- A checkered flag for the Confederate flag in NASCAR?
- USWNT: Bring on Germany
- Japan, England onto the Women’s World Cup semis
- Serena Williams halfway to tennis Grand Slam eyeing Wimbledon
- Wimbledon: 4 things to know
Lauren Milliet is used to wearing red and white. Now she’ll had blue to the combination.
Milliet, a 2015 graduate of Durango High School, will participate in the...
- Separate nicknames
- Fort Lewis salutes new Hall of Fame class
- Virginia’s 3-0 win over Vandy forces Game 3 in CWS finals
- Vandy holds Virginia to 4 hits, wins CWS finals opener 5-1
- Hurricanes walk off with a 4-3 victory over Arkansas at CWS
High School Sports
The future remains bright for the Bayfield High School girls soccer team.
Three of the six Wolverines recognized by the Southwest Soccer League on its all-conference team...
- Minnesota embraces high school clay target shooting
- Bayfield track owns boys All-Intermountain League awards
- Pickleballers rejoice: Game on rise in Durango
- Durango’s Casey Dunlap named to CHSAA Class 4A All-State Baseball First Team
- McCoy, Phelps land on CHSAA All-State Second Team
Long course season has arrived for the Durango Swim Club.
The club sent swimmers to a multitude of meets recently from Albuquerque to Ouray.
Haley Benjamin led...
- Little slugger
- Durango Swim Club summer season has kicked off
- Purgatory skiers defend a title
- Durango swimmer Anne Mummery gains experience at USA Swimming sectionals
- Local ski season is winding down
On May 4, 2013, Durango climber Rosa Post was paralyzed from the waist down after a fall in the Bridger Jack Towers of Indian Creek, Utah.
One year later, surrounded by...
- Pitching tent for wildlife
- Time to talk fall turkey
- Mancos high-altitude running, training center is up for sale
- Outdoors Briefs
- An uphill climb to make the grade
I was all set to add my thoughts about the recent...
Flies & Lies
The most joy I receive from fly fishing comes via...