Local and Regional News
Atom Petroleum has been fined $239,496 for illegally operating an oil and gas well in La Plata County after willfully neglecting a state order to...
National & World
NEW YORK – Stocks are plunging in the U.S. and worldwide Friday after Britain voted to leave the European Union. The result stunned investors, who reacted by rushing to the...
- House Speaker Ryan proposes simpler tax code
- Britain takes unprecedented step to leave EU
- Obama defends immigration plan, decries Supreme Court ruling
- Western wildfires rage, but some progress being made
- Democrats hold House floor in election-year protest on guns
Durango’s housing market is competitive, low on stock and, to the average earner, overpriced, which can altogether exclude would-be buyers within some demographics –...
- U.S. new-home sales tumbled in May after a surge in April
- U.S. homes sell at strongest pace since 2007
- Entrepreneur seeks to keep glass out of the trash
- Tax credit seeks to help young farmers
- Neighborhood watch: Online startups tackle local news
On March 3, 1855, the United States Congress earmarked $30,000 for camels. This was thanks to Jefferson Davis, acting as secretary of war before he would turn against his country...
- Good Earth Briefs
- Renewables proving to be robust sources of energy
- Bees' secret superpower explained: How they sense flowers' electric fields
- Good Earth Briefs
- Carbon concentration in our atmosphere hits grim milestone
MADISON, Wis. – Preston Grundy started drinking at 14 to escape from his depression. He soon moved on to marijuana, Xanax, Adderall and cocaine, smoking pot when he woke...
- Weight report cards may not help students shed pounds
- Education Briefs
- Districts block migrant kids from school
- Durango’s multitude of camps can combat ‘summer slide’
- Education briefs
What's Up Downtown
About 100 people gathered for the...
Check out the Ninth Street entrance to...
Your brain is in your body. Your...