Durango Education Foundation, in conjunction with donors, DEF Scholarship Committee and Board of Trustees, awarded 12 scholarships totaling $19,000.
Scholarship recipients are:
- Always 100% Effort – Joe Burtoni Scholarship: Samantha Vasquez.
- DHSAA Jeff Kuss Distinguished Student Award (nomination only): Lainey Voss.
- Elizabeth Testa Memorial School Board Scholarship: Jayma Schamp.
- Mary Ruth Bowman Boys’ Swimming Scholarship: Michael McCorry.
- Morehart Murphy Regional Auto Center Automotive Scholarship: Samantha Vasquez.
- Newbold Family Scholarship I: Zoey Steele.
- Newbold Family Scholarship II: Faith Pendley.
- Sachs Construction, LLC Scholarship: Lainey Voss.
- Steve A. Torres Scholarship: Micaiah Niswender.
- Tom & Ann Hartney Scholarship: Jacob Genauldi.
- Walt Anderson Memorial Scholarship (nomination only): Kyler Reimers.
- Zink Family Scholarship: Juliana Gans.
For more information about the DEF scholarships, contact Diana Cruz at 385-1491 or visit www.durangoeducationfoundation.org/what-we-fund/scholarships.