Gas and Oil
Colorado state government
U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet
business and finance
Frontpage Feature Box
Durango High School
San Juan County New Mexico
LATEST CORONAVIRUS CASES
As of 4 p.m. Saturday, May 15
- 531,070 cases (up 972 from yesterday)
- 29,175 hospitalized (up 54 from yesterday)
- 2,994,238 people tested (up 4,780 from yesterday)
- 6,562 deaths from COVID (up 0 from yesterday)
- 5,243 Outbreaks at residential and non-hospital health care facilities (up 6 from yesterday)
In the region
- La Plata County: 3,963 cases (up 2 from yesterday), 39 deaths among cases
- La Plata County vaccinations: 26,614 (47.3% of population) full vaccinations; 29,775 (52.9% of population) at least one dose
- Montezuma County: 1,885 cases, 14 deaths from COVID and 7 deaths with COVID
- Archuleta County: 962 (up 2 from yesterday), 1 death among cases
- Dolores County: 94 cases (up 0 from yesterday)
- San Juan County (CO): 47 cases (up 0 from yesterday)
- San Juan County (NM): 15,070 cases (up 36 from yesterday), 473 deaths
- San Miguel County: 877 cases (up 0 from yesterday)
Fort Lewis College women's lacrosse take on CSU-Pueblo on Friday at FLC.
The Strater Hotel, owned for decades by Rod Barker and his family, sold the hotel this week to Ross Garrett, who lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Related Article: Durango’s iconic Strater Hotel sold
The Galloping Goose Historical Society in Dolores works on restoring five rail cars that ran on area rialroad tracks.
Related Article: Dolores museum restores narrow-gauge freight cars
The Fort Lewis College women's soccer took on Westminster College in the RMAC quarterfinals on Tuesday at Dirks Field in Durango.
Related Article: Westminster rides second-half winds to eliminate Fort Lewis College
Non-league rivals Bayfield and Durango met on the volleyball court in a big showdown Wednesday night at DHS.
Related Article: Bayfield snaps Durango’s unbeaten volleyball season
Jon Bonnette works with his dogs, training them for search and rescue and human remains detection.
Related Article: Search dog on hunt for national certification
Durango High School volleyball takes on Montrose High School on Saturday at DHS.
In tearful address, senator shares anecdotes, demands gun control
Pine River Valley to be hub for guardian art
A look inside the vacant Robert E. DeNier Youth Services Center in Bodo Industrial Park.
Open burning prohibited in Bloomfield, Kirtland, unincorporated San Juan County until further notice