San Juan Basin Public Health announced it has surpassed the federal goal of delivering at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine to the combined adult population of La Plata and Archuleta counties.
More than 70% of adults age 18 and older have started their COVID-19 vaccine series across the SJBPH health district.
With a portion of the community still unvaccinated, SJBPH continues to prioritize education, outreach and vaccine access for people who have yet to receive protection or are awaiting eligibility.
With a new school year about seven weeks away, SJBPH encourages teens to be vaccinated by the first day of school. Twelve- to 17-year-olds are eligible only for the Pfizer vaccine, and the two-dose series takes at least five weeks from the first shot for people to complete the series and reach maximum immunity.
SJBPH is closely tracking federal and state guidance that would open eligibility for children younger than 12 and is prepared, alongside partners, to rapidly vaccinate this population when it is eligible.
SJBPH was able to confirm surpassing the Biden administration goal with the acquisition of additional vaccination data sets from sources independent of the Colorado Immunization Information System. Data from CIIS is all that is currently displayed on the SJBPH online data dashboard.
SJBPH is awaiting more information that will be needed to integrate and display the new data. SJBPH is also aware of residents who crossed state borders to be vaccinated in other states and is working to investigate and collect this data.
These clinics are scheduled for July:
La Plata County
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays to Fridays and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays at Fort Lewis College Student Life Center, 125 West Campus Court.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. July 2, 23 and 30 at La Plata County Fairgrounds, 2500 Main Ave.
- 4-8 p.m. July 2 and 23 at Animas Valley Grange, 7271 County Road 203.
- 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays at Durango Farmers Market, 259 W. Ninth St.
- 9-11 a.m. Thursdays at Manna soup kitchen, 1100 Avenida del Sol.
- 9 a.m.-noon July 10 at Forest Lakes Community Center, 998 Alpine Forest Drive, Bayfield.
- 8 a.m.-noon Sundays at Durango Flea Market, 2500 Main Ave.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursdays at Pagosa Springs High School, 800 S. Eighth St., Pagosa Springs.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Fridays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sundays at East Side Market and Pagosa Farmers Market, 225 E. Pagosa St., Pagosa Springs.
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Pagosa Peak Open School, 7 Parelli Way, Pagosa Springs.
- 9 a.m.-noon July 10 at Tara Community Center, 333 Milton Lane, Arboles.
There will be no FLC clinic Monday in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
Although advance registration is preferred, walk-ins are also welcome. The vaccine is free, and no ID is required.
For more information, visit www.sjbpublichealth.org/covid-19-vaccine.